Monday, November 18, 2013

Lily Allen Lists her B*tches

Taking control of a word that generally has negative connotations, Lily Allen affectionately named her b*tches in an interview with The Guardian recently.

Listing off a wide range of females, the British pop star shared, "Dolly Parton is a b*tch. Adele's a b*tch. Angela Merkel is a b*tch?Rihanna's an inspiring b*tch, my mum, Miley [Cyrus] is a b*tch, rising. She's my hero. Kate Middleton is not a b*tch."

Explaining her outspokenness, the 28-year-old singer claims, "I've always been called ?mouthy.' When, in fact, I'm just talking. In the music industry, women have always been controlled by male execs, told to do the Kate Moss thing. Keep your mouth shut, or people will laugh at you. They've been talking about us like this for years, basically."

Though she had lots of praise for her bitches, Lily says of current pop music, "Nobody says anything real today. Most of these girls have their songs written by other people. It annoys me, because ?eh oh eh oh ahh' is not a chorus?that's not a point where I feel we're connecting, you know? I need a narrative."

Charisma Carpenter Charli Baltimore Charlies Angels Charlize Theron

No comments:

Post a Comment